EMpowered Dance Center
Inclement Weather Policy
- If Baltimore County Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, all classes will be canceled.
- Ballet (Pointe/Variations): Any color leotard. Pink tights. Pink ballet slippers. Ballet Skirts if desired.
- Modern/Lyrical: Any color leotard. Footless tights of any color. May wear dance paws if desired. Please do not use lotion prior to class.
- Tap: Any color leotard, black tap shoes. Black oxford style required for intermediate/advanced.
- Pilates: Comfortable exercise attire to allow for freedom of movement and instructor to observe body alignment.
- 3/4 Creative Movement: Children should wear ballet slippers. Leotards or comfortable, form fitting clothes are appropriate.
- Boys-jazz pants of any color, no denim pants. Shirt of your choice-must be form fitting. Appropriate shoes for class taken-black or white ballet slippers, black jazz shoes and black tap shoes. Hair must be slicked back and not in the eyes.
- Hair Style: All hair must be pulled away from your face and off the neck. Buns are required for class.
- No jewelry is to be worn in class. Not only is it a distraction, it can be dangerous and items can be lost. Post/Stud earrings are acceptable.
- Please label all shoes and other related dance items with dancer's name so that lost items may be returned. We are not responsible for lost items.
- Please come to the studio with proper cover-ups on when entering and exiting the studio. Do not wear your dance shoes outside. No outside shoes allowed on studio floor.
- All attire is subject to instructor approval.
- Studio closures: if the studio is closed for weather or emergencies, a make-up class will be offered
- Absences: To encourage attendance, no make-up classes are allowed.
- Class schedules may be subject to change. All classes must have a minimum enrollment of 4 per class.
Permission to use photographs
- Student pictures and videos are taken throughout the year for purposes of marketing and promoting EMpowered Dance Center. Parent/Guardian permission is granted to use any and all pictures and videos taken.
Payment & Enrollment Policies
- Tuition is due by the 1st of the month. A $20 late fee will be automatically assessed to any account not paid in full by the 10th of the month.
- Accounts must be paid in full before costumes will be released and dancers permitted to perform in the Winter Performance or End of the Year Concert.
- 30 Days written notice must be given prior to withdrawing from a class to prevent another billing cycle applied to your account.